Just as I had promised you all a DIY a few blogs back, I am here today to share it with you! As many of you know, faux fur anything is crazy popular right now, myself being one of the biggest obsessors about it! A big downside to the trend, though, is the price tags that companies are putting onto the very-loved material.
So today I bring you a cheap, easy, and quick way to make your own faux fur rug right at home!
2 yards of fabric of your choice (faux fur for me!)
2 yards of grippy, non-slip material
A pair of fabric scissors
A sharpie (if you desire to draw out a shape and not just have it as a square/rectangle)
- First off, you want to lay out your material in the spot you want it in, just to ensure it’ll fit in the space desired.
- (Optional) Next, you want to flip over the fabric and bring in the sharpie to draw out the desired shape you’d like on the back. My inspiration was from a bear rug I found online, which I tried to incorporate in this design. It is okay if you mess up while drawing because we are just going to flip it back over and you can’t see the sharpie from the other side. Also, don’t mind my curious pup, she instantly fell in love with the new fabric!
- Cut, cut, cut. Cut out the design of the fabric!
- After cutting, you can now flip it over and admire the progress! Pick up the fabric and lay down the under lay (weird grippy material) and then lay the fur on top of that, right side up.
- Next, cut off the extra grip and dispose of it, so you can’t see it.
- If you have a fur friend like me, I recommend making sure you vacuum after this project, as they could eat leftover material (not good).
And there ya have it! Your very own DIY faux fur rug. This project only costed me $27! I purchased my materials at Joann’s and they were having 40% off of everything I got, which helped out a lot!
Thanks so much for reading!